Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kittichai

It's been a year since the last time I have been to restaurant week since we did not make it to the one last summer. This year, I wanted to definitely try River Cafe but it was sadly quickly booked up. Next time (In the summer!), I already know to call ahead of time to check on that. After that hope was lost, I just wanted something french, so i resorted in my best and favorite, L'e cole, to find out they were all booked too for lunch. So I just opted to look down the list and found this place named Kittichai. They serve Thai cuisine and of course, fine dining style, which is loveeee. On that day, of course it had to snow the night before and the streets were covered in nothing but snow and slush! The dress attire for the restaurant was Smart Casual I believe.. So i dressed up a bit with a pair of wedges and resulting in that, my toes were cold and covered in snow. When we do get to the restaurant, we see people wearing regular shoes and boots.. At least the staff who worked there looked nice and I didn't feel totally overdone. The ambiance was so beautiful. It reminded me of a upgraded and polished SEA. The meal was great and a good worth of $20 bucks each! For some reason, it was cheaper in this restaurant, lunch prefix menu's were at $24.07. What made me a happy camper was the fact that Kin was Full and not hungry, like he usually is from french food. All in all, it was a beautiful date and I felt like a hot couple walking down soho all dressed up in slushy new york city. Now for photos! :]

the lovely pond, which makes the restaurant!
Appetizer - An eggplant salad w/ chili and garlic + all that jazz
Appetizer - Mussels, God this was sooo yummmyy!!

Entree - Steak, Yummy!!! + cooked to perfection

Entree - Green curry with chicken, Also very yum! but kin thought chicken was overcooked
Dessert - Some chocolate thing that melts in your mouth.. SOO good. Dark chocolate flavv!
Dessert - Flan

Enjoying my lovely steak :)

Enjoying his mussels a bit too much when theres no more left!

Us


No comments:

Post a Comment